Map and Directions
The Dr. Charles M. Wright House is on the north side of the city of Altamont, IL.
Door to Door Directions for making a custom map from your doorstep to the Wright House
- If you are coming from Effingham, IL on Route 40, turn north (right) at the stop-light onto Main Street and the house will be on your left after you go over the railroad tracks.
- From Interstate 70 turn right onto Route 128 at the end of the ramp (towards Altamont) which will become Main Street. You will travel north, through a stop-light and over the railroad tracks and the house will be on your left.
While you are in the Altamont Area you might consider visiting our other attractions:
- Visit The Altamont Living Museum and view Tiffany stained glass window, one of which was donated by the Wright family.
- Visit the Altamont Union Cemetery to see the Wright family burial plot and the veterans memorial.
- Visit The Ballard Nature Center to walk some trails and see central Illinois wild flowers, plants and wildlife.
- Visit Alwert's Gardens and tour an All-America Display Garden with over 6 acres of 1,000+ varieties of herbs, perennials, and ornamental plants on display.
- The City of Altamont Webpage can give you more information the local antique shops, gift shops and celebrations that may be happening while you are in town.